1. Gather together a few vague instruments that look like they could be interesting.
2. With a sort of do-it-yourself gumption, bash them together to see what sort of noises they make.
3. If it goes wrong, just delete it and start again.
4. With the help of people engaged in the same sort of thing, you get a rhythm built up.
5. Follow the melody where it takes you.
6. You know you are almost finished when, finally, as you read what you’ve been doing it moves you to tap your foot, shake your booty and eventually actually go out into the world to love God by caring for people.
It probably doesn’t predict success when one’s theological method is an adaptation of a Tune-Yards performance on YouTube:
Your Correspondent, Confident and yipping at the heels of my yuppie teachers